Friday, May 20, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday

My thoughts on Thursday this week were centered around what I want to accomplish this weekend.  I have an online workshop starting Monday with http://christytomlinson.typepad.com/christytomlinson/workshops.html.  It's been a while since I've worked with any of my paper and paint supplies.  I'm really excited to begin getting all messy and colorful.

I took Christy's She Art Class back in February as something new to explore.  It was fabulous and helped me learn that is okay to color outside the lines.  I found it very liberating and the format of the class really couldn't be any more flexible.  I highly recommend you take one of Christy's workshops especially if you want to explore something new and creative.  The supplies are fairly basic art supplies, nothing you have to spend tons of money on and she's so fun!

I had purchased a sketch notebook a few weeks ago for the workshop.  Yesterday, I started my project by giving the cover a few coats of Gesso (primer).  Now that it's had some time to cure and dry I get to start playing after work.  I've purchased several new stencils and stamps from www.Scarletlime.com.  I also have some oil pastels I found on a recent Treasure Hunt and want to explore working with them.  It's going to be fun stuff!

I then thought about venturing off to Westport for a few hours to explore.  My son, James, posted a video on Facebook that he took at First Beach on a previous visit.  It made me crave the waves.  I'm a little hesitant about going on my own though, Bill is on call (yuck) and can't leave the house.  I will probably let the weather guide me in that decision, Sunny equals I go, otherwise I'll make art.  It's really a win-win situation for me. 

We first found Westport last July and although we've been to a beach here in the past it was still a little shocking.  You tend to think West Coast all sunny and bright,  but believe me it's pretty darn chilly and wet out there.  It's all good though.    For me it's the beautiful way the waves crash that mesmerizes me and draws me in.  I could sit for hours just watching the waves crash and listening to their music.  I'm that way about a campfire too, the way the flames flicker and jump while they pop.

Those were my thoughts for Thursday.  I'll let you know how it all works out!

Hugs of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment