Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Art Wonderings

It takes a lot of courage for many of us to admit and accept that we are Artist.  I know I struggled to accept the fact I was an Artist.  I just always thought of myself as a crafter, a maker or a doer.  Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to create.  It never matter what it was, just so long as I created.

When I was a child I can recall making my mother a gift.  It was a tracing of Chip from Disney's Chip and Dale.  I traced it from a coloring book onto a piece of wood roofing shingle, because that is what I had access to at the time.  I then painted with some tempera pains left over from a paint by number kit.  Wala!  a perfect gift for Mom.  She still proudly displays this painting to this day (50+/-yrs later).

I bounce back and forth between all types of creativity.  Cooking, sewing, quilting, crochet, knitting, scrapbooking, mixed media, painting tutorials, original paintings, acrylic pour painting, alcohol inks, repurposing things, restoring stuff, you name it I've probably dabbled in it at one time or another.  I also use art journals quite a bit.  In fact, I had several then decided I would make multiple journals at the same time.  My goal is to have at least one Art Journal for each of my grandchildren to inherit when the time comes.  I want to pass my passion for creativity to them.  Now, don't get me wrong I'm in no hurry to go anywhere except maybe Texas or Tennessee.  In fact, I would prefer to live forever provided I was able bodied and clear thinking.  (laugh with me folks)  I just got to thinking one day since they came to be later in my life, I may leave their live before they become adults.  They may not remember me so much later in their life if that's the case, so this would be a great way to give them a strong impression of who their Nana was and what she was like.

I have noticed I create when I'm happy!  I used to create to be happy.  I guess it really doesn't matter which happens first just so long as I create and find happiness within.  I hope each of you are happy, truly happy within.  Its a hard task to accomplish sometimes but keep at it and keep practicing.
Hugs of love, Kim B

No comments:

Post a Comment