Sunday, February 24, 2019

Saturday Fun Day

YEA!  The weekend finally arrived.  Man-o-man I didn't think it would ever arrive.  I don't know but it was a tough week for me.  So when I finally got the chance to play, I went for it.

I wanted some inspiration though, mainly because I feel like I get in a rut with colors.  So PINTEREST and BING became my friend Friday evening.

These are such happy colors to me.
So excited they are still trending.

The next step of course is usually to determine a technique to use.  At least that's my process.  Only this time I wanted to do some product experiments.  These experiments were with Dollar Tree canvas!  Yep Dollar Tree!  Henry and I went out a few days before and bought out our local Dollar Tree of all their canvas.  I picked up 10 8x10, 10 5x7 and 3 3packs of 4x6 canvas boards.

Now these bargains were doubtful at first glance.  As I prepped them with taped backs and thumb tacks I noticed the canvas was really lose, not pulled taught at all.  My hubs even noticed it could be a problem.  I was betting on the paint pulling things tight as they dried.  Guess what...….I was right. So hit up your local Dollar Tree for a budget friendly canvas option.

This was my first pour of the experiment.  I did this one on one of the 5x7 Dollar Tree canvas.
It turned out great!  I still need to seal all of these after they cure a while.  These are all also
the first time I've utilized smaller canvas.  So I was totally impressed how fast they dried. Note these Dollar Tree canvas are only about 1/2" thick which I thought be an issue but really should frame nicely.


My next step was the canvas boards.  These are 4x6.  Yes, they warped no more than the pricier boards.
I just putting them face down with a misting on the back side and some weight.  Tomorrow I should know if they flatten out nicely like the more expensive boards.

Still with the $1 canvases.  These are 5x7 and since everything was going so well I decided to practice my balloon smash.
They turned out OK in a minimalist way, still not what I want though.  My goal is get the smash so lush that they look a lot like dahlias or another chrysanthemum..

5x7 play... I really love these colors.

So the feather technique on 5x7 canvas.  Hubs walked in right before and was all, 'you should use that excess paint that runs off, such a waste"  Hmmm how without being muddy?  So I just went for it. Dipped the canvas face down.  Pulled up a hot mess, but the color was kind of a nice peachy color that as you see, I couldn't duplicate exactly lol.

This is just a pour over a previous pour (jelly fish that spread too much).
I was just trying to use up the mixed paint effectively so I did a swipe.
Again, I love these summery colors they make me Happy!

So get out there and explore the possibilities!
Have fun!


Hugs of love, KimB
 











No comments:

Post a Comment