Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sleepy Sunday

Oh wow!  I can't believe I slept the day away.  I wasn't planning on using valuable time in this way but what else can I say, I did.  I was watching the NASCAR race, the weather was chilly and rainy then, before I knew it my eyes were heavy and off I went.  The next thing I know my phone is ringing and it was 4 o'clock. 

Some people would find this a treasure of a day, and I would too most times.  However, right now there are so many projects in my head wanting out I just didn't want to spend the day sleeping but creating.  I did get a start on a few things though.  I first covered an organizer with some pretty paper.  It was a 50 cent find yesterday and has 9 little drawers for my little holding some treasures!  I then painted the first coat of enamel on my $3 vise, not too sure this is going to work but we'll see. 

I then began the transformation of an old kitchen wall clock I had found at a charity sale the weekend before.  So all in all I guess I did do somethings just not everything I had hoped.  I know, I would've taken a before picture but I forgot, so this is what we will call the before.



I spent some quality time with my furry child, Rocky.  I used to never understand how people could get so attached to a pet but then that was before Rocky.  We laugh now at how much he is just like raising a child.  See, our children are grown and out on their own and all are far away.  So, Rocky and Winston (our other Cocker) are now our little ones.   Rocky is the youngest and has the most outgoing personality.  He's almost 4 years old and definitely has the mixed personality of a toddler and stubborn teenager.  It all depends on the situation but he does bounce between the two stereotypical character traits.  He's just hilarious mostly.  He'll bring his little ball to me like in this picture and lay it right beside me at the coach so we can play catch, whether I want to or not. 


However, he will not do this for my husband.  Rocky will bring the ball to my husband Bill and instead of placing it right beside him, he'll drop it at his feet and bark for Bill to pick it up and play.  Bill will try and try to get Rocky to lay the ball beside him on the coach, the same way I do but it just doesn't happen.  It cracks me up!

All in all it was a great lazy day here around the house.  I didn't do a lick of house work this weekend and will probably pay the price for that this week.  It's all good though.  The best part of the day though (other than the 4 hour nap) was the treat I gave myself after dinner.


Thanks for reading!  Hugs of love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. can you share a picture of my MAX ;p please and thank you's. and i want some of the DQ i think tomorrow will have to make a ice cream trip. o by the way that clock looks cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, if I can get a decent shot. Since he's black he's actually not very photographic.

    ReplyDelete