Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What do you ask for?

Have you ever just had a day were things were actually simple?  Well, today I did and it was rather refreshing.  Work was quick and easy while being fairly painless.  I enjoyed some creative time by learning, shopping then doing.  The sun is shinning, the birds are chirping, the sky is blue, and a cool breeze blows through.  What more can a person ask for you might think.

I ask for:
  • Keeping my family safe.  Without any single on of them I would be lost.
  • Continue to grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change.
  • Help me to find the joy in life daily.
  • Let the world know, I here and I'm gonna live my life as full as I can!
  • Keep the sun shinning bright, the laughter rolling free and the love heartfelt.
I hope none of the these request are too much to handle.  I am really just a woman with simple needs.  In the last few weeks I just keep asking for my family to be safe.  They all live in the Texas area or what some know as Tornado Alley.  None of have yet to be impacted by the storms but a few have gotten pretty concerned.  Everyone has been glued to weather reports this evening.  My daughter is about to get in car to drive to Tennessee and with the storms still being generated, I am not to thrilled with her little family being on the road.  I have put it in God's hands and I'm sure all will be well.  This week's experience of the people in Joplin has just really touched me like none of the others.  I'm not sure why that is, but it is what it is.

Just keep my family safe please.


Westminister, TX  1-11-2004
The last picture with everyone in place.
We have grown considerably since, several new in-laws, and 3+ new members of a whole new generation.
And these are just my mom's kids, and she's one of seven (7)!

I promise something more uplifting tomorrow.
Hugs of love~

No comments:

Post a Comment