Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Play

My creative mojo is coming back around.  I like it like that!  I truly do not care for feeling all wack-a-doodle.  (shiver)  I just don't like it, then again, I don't know anyone who really does!  Anyway...

I had started working on this project a day or two ago.  I've had it in my head for awhile and finally just started putting something down.  I figured if I didn't love it I could always gesso right over it!

Do you see the Russian Flash card?  I told you about these awhile back.  Pretty different!
Oh! that paper on the left is a pre-made collage paper I can not take credit for all that layering.


I'm at a stand still with the layers.  My idea was to depict a little sand, water and sun scene.  I have this sand product I want to use but I also want to experiment with real Pacific sand and Mod Podge.  I think a test run might be prudent.  Maybe tomorrow evening I'll give it a try on scrap paper.

I played around with these little rosettes a bit this evening while watching TV with hubby.  I've seen them done on two different blogs and they are just so simple. 



Step 1:  Cut your circle from a piece of felt.  (I used sticky back and non sticky back felt.  One is no better than the other.)

Step 2:  Cut strips of your fabric in about 1" to 1.5" inches wide and depending on the circle 12" -36" inches long.

Step 3:  Dig out your hot glue gun, heat it up etc...  Tie a knot at the end of your strip.  Glue it down in the center of your felt.  Begin twisting your fabric.

Step 4: Lay a short line of glue around your center knot.  Begin laying down the twisted fabric, continue to lay down glue, twist fabric and apply.  Rotating the felt as you go, continue to repeat until you run out of fabric or felt!

Step 5:  I ended the fabric piece two different ways.  One: I tucked it under the back side and tacked it down with glue.  Two: I applied hot glue on the end and twisted it down using a pair of tweezers and tucked it up under the previous row.  This is a little trick to make neat but I really liked it best.

Step 6:  I haven't yet ended by covering the complete circle of felt.  I've just trimmed off what I didn't cover and it still looked pretty round.

I'm not sure how I'll use these little beauties but use them I will.  I cut quite a few of the foundations in different sizes, so I'll probably make a bunch of white ones I can later color with paint, dyes or sprays.  They can be made to look like a flower, lollipop or whatever your imagination decides!

That's about it for today.  I sure hope y'all had a great day.
~Hugs of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment