Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Have you ever...

had just one of the most perfect days ever?  I'm sure you have.  I have been blessed to have had several but this past weekend was just so totally awesome.  I can't think about it without smiling.

We budgeted out expenses then went for it!  Neither one of us had been to a State Fair since we were young parents, somewhere back in time when our children were little and didn't cry to ride every ride or to play every game and we could afford to go if we didn't have to pay for them!  Yah!  That far back!  We're emptinesters now and we get to go play now! Na-na-na-bo-boo!

So we head out to The Puyallup Fair, where you may ask is that?  Well it's in Washington but of course.  It's not as near as large as the Texas State Fair but it had the atomsphere of a fair from our memories.  That memory was just what we were looking for this day. 

We planned to arrive around lunch time so we could begin our day with a fair staple, a corn dog!  Honestly, this was the only fried food we ate that day, although the plan was to try a fried candy bar or ice cream or even both.


We wove our way in and out of the exhibit buildings, because what's a state fair with out looking at the produce, various crafts and hobbies, canning, art work, animals....!  Then it was time for food again.  See, our plan for the day:  eat what we want, when we want, as much as we want, as well as, ride the rides we wanted, as often as we wanted, for as long as we could stand it! (we took it to 10pm)

This was the best day I've had in a very long time and I'm setting aside all the food and rides.  It was simply the best day for me because I shared it with the man I love.  We teased, cuddled and laughed all day long.  We shared a joy for a beautiful bright day.  It was just simply wonderful to be that day. 






I hope you all have a chance to experience such a day yourselves.  It really did my heart good.
Hugs of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment