Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Fallish kind of week and weekend

Well, well, well!  It's that time of year when things begin to cool off, chill down and get wet.  Here in the Pacific Northwest I don't really mind the cooling off part but I am not at all thrilled about the getting wet.  I know it rains here a lot, actually not anymore on average than it did in Texas.  Key words: on average.  The thing that gets me, or at least did this past winter, was the longevity of it.  I swear I didn't think Spring was ever going to get sprung around here.

The good news is I have a new adventure to keep me distracted from the weather.  It's now been just slightly over 30 days at the new job and all seems to being going well.  I work with some very nice people and have the opportunity to do well for myself there, I intend to make the most of it.

I'm still not finding creative time for myself though.  I keep promising myself time to play and create but it's just not happening.  For instance, I wanted to create Saturday yet the husband and I spent the better part of the day shopping for home improvement project supplies. The we get home and I have to put my part in play before the rains come.  I was so exhausted afterwards that sitting or standing in my creative space just was not in the cards.

We made an impulse buy Saturday at Lowes.  This Chocolate Mimosa Tree, it was regularly $50 but on sale for $20.  Bill and I both grew up with these similar trees in our childhood, so we just had to have one.  For me it was sort of like having a little bit of home here too, which makes me crave a crepe myrtle but I don't want to pay shipping to get one here.

Anyway, the tree was so tall it wouldn't fit in the back of the truck.  We had to prop it with the soil we had purchased elsewhere then leave the tailgate down.  We were worried the wind would beat it to death, so I had an "ah ha" moment and we bundled our hoodies around it and used the soil bags to keep them from flying away.  It worked too!  Everything got home safe and sound.


Sunday was a little less intense but still pretty busy.  We both actually slept in or at least for us it was sleeping in.  I got the laundry going then made the decision to get a hair cut.  I wanted something more styled.  My hair has grown out quite a bit but it's just sort of hanging there with no great style or shape.  I finally decided to go shorter again, not chopped like I've been known to do but brushing my shoulders kind of short.  If you saw my Vegas wedding pictures, that's the way I had it cut today.

We then had to go back to town because the Ott-Lite bulbs we got yesterday weren't the right ones, so they needed to be exchanged (these puppies are too expensive to just toss).  Bill had to get some black wood stain for his homemade keyboard tray, this also required a trip to Costco for a new office chair for the man.  Again, no creative time.

Sure I could've stayed home and let him run the errands.  The only thing wrong with that is, the weekends seem to be the only time we really do anything together and I enjoy the company of my husband.  I do wish however I could convince him to join my in my art, on a regular basis but alas that's my thing not his.

So, what did you do this weekend?  Write me a note and let me know.  Until then,

hugs of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment