Saturday, January 26, 2019

Simple can be a struggle sometimes.

The End...of a challenging week!  Finally!

So its not that I work a demanding job anymore but darn it, life can feel so demanding sometimes.  Anyway, all's well that end's well, right!

I wanted to create so many times this week but either there was no time or I was just so tired.  I did make a lot of notes for future post, so I am going to count that as some creation.

Hubs asked for a canvas pour that would match as close as possible to his drum kit.  I tacked that today.  His plan is to use it as a back drop for some drum sticks he wants to save.  I personally think the sticks will get lost in the pattern but that's still to be determined.  Take a look, let me know what you think.

A shot of his bass drum

My painting to compliment the drums 



I really liked how the black, white, grey and silver poured.  My original thought was tree ring pour but then I didn't want the circular pattern.  I settled on a side to side motion to achieve the patterned strips, easy peasy.


With a that done I had a whole lot of the black and white mixture left over, so I tried a flower again with the B&W as the center and then a dirty pour tree ring action over a plastic bottle using the rainbow colors.
Below is what came of that plan.  It wasn't too bad but just had no actual attraction so I flicked some silicone stuff over it to create the cells, now we got some interest.


I still had a load of the B&W mix so I did another pour with the red/orange/yellow as the center.  The B&W mix was then used over the plastic bottle bottom for a flower attempt. This was done on the 12x12 chipboard.  It will be the most paint I've attempt on this stuff, fingers crossed it works out ok.  I will report back on this tomorrow after it's had a bit of time to dry.

Well folks, that's really all I have today.  Not really exciting or anything but there is always tomorrow!  Have a great weekend!

Hugs of love, KimB


No comments:

Post a Comment